Friday, February 25, 2011

And the winner is…….

I’m only taking time tonight to make a quick post about who won the 3 of the skeins of Edmar thread that I used to stitch my “Ribbons & Roses Heart”……sorry to have kept you waiting.  I wrote down the names of everyone that had posted a suggestion of a project to use the heart design on.  My hubby picked the winning number, so it’s his fault if you didn’t win.  The winner is MOIRA!  Congratulations, Moira!  Once you send me an email to SherryBDE@gmail.com with your mailing address, I’ll send the 3 skeins of thread out to you.  Happy stitching!

By the way….Moira suggested using the design as the focal point on an evening bag…..great idea.

Other ideas had been to mount it on the top of a container to keep special little things in, an ornament, a jewelry box, a tote bag, wall hanging, CQ motif on a pillow, to make for a Heart Swap, as an inspiration piece, and as a framed wedding or anniversary gift.

I still haven’t decided how to use my completed design, but when I do, I’ll post a picture of the finished project.  But, when weddings had been mentioned, I got a thought…….if someone special in your life is getting married and they are having a ring bearer and flower girl…..this design would make a great design on the ring pillow……just change the color of the roses to white (or the color of the bouquets) and the ribbons to the color of the bridesmaids’ dresses.

I’ll post more tomorrow or Sunday about my progress on my new project…..

1 comment: