Wednesday, March 17, 2010

As many of you might be thinking that BDE is too hard or too detailed for you, I thought that I'd post pictures of my very first BDE project.  The one below was done during my first BDE class that I took at a Crazy Quilt Retreat in Omaha a couple of years ago.  It was taught by Rita Goff.  I had done embroidery since I was young, but I fell in love with the beautiful look that the rayon threads give BDE and the way wonderful combination of stitches become beautiful flowers.  Let me assure you....if I can do it, so can you!
After taking that class, I decided to join the Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery International Guild.  Unfortunately, there are no local chapters in our state.  I found a cyber chapter on line, but it wasn't very active.  Rita Goff to the rescue.  We convinced her to lead an online class where we would all do the same pattern, while she would be there to answer questions and help us along.  The kit was "Circle of Flowers".
This is my finished project.  I added a stylized "S" in the center of mine.  Remember, you can click on any picture to see more detail.  I hope I'm "wetting your appetite" to try BDE!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love all your works,Sher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    came to your blog through yahoo group..
    I like all your embroidery. circle of flowers is very very beautifull..
    wish to see more of your works

    love
    lakshmi

    ReplyDelete